Thursday, March 17, 2005

JFace ApplicationWindow issue resolved

OK... duh... I read a couple of different articles tonight about using the ApplicationWindow class from JFace, but I missed both times that I had to include the org.eclipse.ui.workbench_<version>/workbench.jar and org.eclipse.core.runtime_<version>/runtime.jar to get it to work.

I was having another problem with my JFace demo application tonight when it came to Actions.  I had created a couple of private inner classes to handle exit and another action that I was playing around with.  Unfortunately, whenever I clicked on the menu item or the toolbar entry, I would get a stack trace in the Console window in Eclipse.

After doing some searching on Google for the past hour, I finally found out that you also have to include org.eclipse.osgi_<version>/core.jar.  I am not sure exactly what this is for as of yet, but it allows everything to work properly, so it got added.  :)

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: