Friday, July 01, 2005

Programming doldrums

Have you ever been in a state where there was so much that you wanted to do in programming, yet you didn't really want to do anything? I am at that point right now in my programming life. I have been jerked, pulled, and tossed around so much lately that I do not know which way is up.

In the past 3 months, I have been on and off projects that used Java, C++, C#, Delphi, and VB. It is like someone threw it all in a blender, turned it up on high, and out comes a lot of mush.

I have a personal project that I was really getting into when I was working with Java, but lately, I have been on a C++ kick. I got the Power Mac back in May and I want to do some programming in Objective-C and Cocoa for it, but that is just another ingredient to add to the mix.

I am not really sure what I want to do at this point. I just sit here at night now playing around in iTunes listening to various technical podcasts and I do not do any programming. I need a plan for something that I can stick to and finish. I guess I should just pick up the personal project again.

I just hope that I have not gotten into such a rut that I cannot get myself out of it.

No comments: