Saturday, June 18, 2005

Going home

God took one of his children home tonight. My father's sister, Lillian Parker, was taken to be with God tonight. She had a really bad heart attack Saturday and was put in the hospital.

My parents went to see her earlier today. My mother said that she looked quite bad with only about 20% functionality in her heart. My father called just a little while ago to give me the news and said that he knew it was just a matter of time earlier today, because she seemed to be just holding on... just like her mother did so many years ago when I was young.

My aunt was a life long member of Harmony Baptist Church in a small, unincorporated area of Blount county in Alabama. She always laughed and smiled when I saw her. Her laugh was always infectious. She was definitely a special lady.

Please pray for my family in this time of mourning, but please do not shed a tear, for she is in no longer suffering and she is much happier than we could ever be, because she is laughing and singing with her mother, Jesus, and having a wonderful fellowship with God, The Father!

No comments: